It’s the most wonderful time of the year…to start making yourself a priority!
While it’s great that you make sure your loved ones are taken care of on a daily basis, you also need to make sure you are taking care of yourself, too!
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Sevierville wants to offer you some tips on how you can do just that in 2020. Read on as we take a look!
What Can I Do to Care for Myself?
We often hear the phrase self-care, but many of us have no true understanding of what that is. At its heart, it is not about getting pampered at the spa or even about taking bubble baths. It’s about caring for yourself and your total health.
So, to take better care of yourself in 2020, you simply want to practice healthy lifestyle habits. Doing so will not only ensure that you are in good physical health, but can also benefit your mental health, too.
Basics of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Get between seven and nine hours of sleep each night.
- Have a healthy, nutritious diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice meditation and other stress management techniques.
- Spend time with your family and friends.
- Take time away from work as needed.
Is Social Media Use Affecting My Health?
If you’re like many Americans, the answer is probably at least somewhat yes. Social media use is pervasive in the world today—and many of us use social media platforms to connect with loved ones, acquaintances and even businesses. That’s not a bad thing.
But spending a lot of time on social media can have some harmful effects. It can lead to isolation and a lack of genuine social interaction and even disrupt your sleep, if you’re using an electronic device to access social media at night. So, it’s important to be sure you’re using it in a healthy way.
How to Use Social Media Safely
- Establish boundaries for how often you’ll use it.
- Disconnect frequently to engage with people in real life.
- Unfriend or unfollow people who are toxic or overly negative.
- Research what you read about before putting it into action.
- Recognize that social media is about perception, not reality.
Has it been awhile since your last wellness check? Visit our medical team at AFC Urgent Care Sevierville today! No appointment is needed.