It’s only natural. After a couple months spent mostly staying at home and away from others, you want to spend time with your family and friends. But is it the best idea?
It’s a pretty common question, which is why our team at AFC Urgent Care Sevierville wants to take a few minutes today to shed some light on the subject. Read on as we share some insight.
How Is COVID-19 Spread?
COVID-19 is a type of the coronavirus. What is a coronavirus? It’s a group of viruses that affect the nose, sinuses and upper respiratory system. One well-known coronavirus is the common cold.
This particular virus, COVID-19 is spread through airborne particles. That means it moves from one person to another when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes. This can happen whether person knows he or she is sick or not.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Why Is It Important to Limit Time With Others Right Now?
Because COVID-19 passes through airborne particles, being in close contact with others who may have the virus is the biggest threat to your health. That’s why the CDC and the Tennessee Department of Health still recommend staying at home when possible and avoiding large gatherings.
When you’re around others, though, it’s important to follow the CDC’s other guidelines for COVID-19 prevention.
Other Ways to Prevent COVID-19
- Stay six feet away from others while outside the home.
- If age 2 or older, wear a cloth face mask around others.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds at a time.
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces and objects often.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, we are offering COVID-19 testing at our urgent care center. Visit the AFC Urgent Care Sevierville website to learn more or to schedule a testing appointment.